How to segment the market for a new product

If you're interested in new product design and/or market research techniques, the latest chapter in Stop Flying Blind talks about how to define the market for a new type of product. It's not as easy as you might think, because traditional market research is focused mostly on understanding existing markets, not on defining new markets that don't yet exist.

Clayton Christensen would probably tell you that it can't be done at all. I think it can, but it's not easy, and it's definitely not research as usual.

1 comments:

El Gabacho Chingón said...

The new look works just as well as the past look did. Good writing always shines, yet a splash of fresh visual design certainly reminds me I know quality whenever I see it.
I shall continue to look forward to every bit of advice you share with the mobile innovation community.